Friday, May 13, 2011

marriage woes

Once again I was on the receiving end of a lecture on marriage. I can’t seem to make these people understand that marriage is not just something one does at the snap of their fingers.

This isn’t something you can change your mind about later. It’s not a career choice, where you can get the feel of it and then make a sound decision. Once you’re in, you’re in.

And please don’t say divorce is an option. If you go into something already thinking of a way out, it’s never going to work. So let’s do away with that.

It’s not that I’m closed off to the idea. It’s just about finding that person to make the commitment to. I most definitely will not rush into anything because “some” people are pressuring me to do so. And I also believe that love is not a good enough reason. Trust is number one. And compatibility and the ability to communicate easily. And it really isn’t easy to find someone you can honestly and wholeheartedly have all this with. .

Giving in to pressure from family, friends, society will only cause you unhappiness. So yes, they can complain all they want. In this situation I think I’ll put myself first.

And might I also add, that I haven’t even reached my mid-20’s yet. So they need to keep their judgmental, one-dimensional, narrow-minded opinions to themselves!!!

The first step is to be the right person and then the next step is to find the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment