Tuesday, March 08, 2011

la propuesta ridícula

Oh my word.

So I go next door to play with the dressmaker’s daughter (cute little squishy thing) and this old lady chases after me and my mum and tells her that her brother has a son and she wants to get him married… to me! She gets all my mum’s details and as she leaves she asks me what my name is. And when I tell her she gets all excited and hugs me and says she loves my name and now I have to marry her brother’s son.

And my mother tells her that my sister and I are cagey about marriage because of all the stories we hear. (So true). But still, she insisted and took our address.

Well.
I’m sorry.
I’m not going to be there.

I just CANNOT get into this right now!!!!!!!!

***OK wait… all I’m gona say is WHO DOES THAT???? She knows nothing about me so she obviously made a decision based on outward appearance. I’m sure her brother’s son is a very nice guy (actually I think he may be a loser) but I’m very insulted. I mean I have nothing against the old lady (shame) but it says a lot about their way of thinking. That’s all I have to say. Yeah… for now.

3 comments:

Tasneem said...

As I was reading this post, the entire scene came alive in my mind and was honestly quite hilarious!

Being single makes us easy prey for all these weirdos. Is it ever going to end?

Sana.I.Patel said...

Yes it was quite funny. Lol. And no it won't end. Until we wed!!!!

Sana.I.Patel said...

And then the nagging for grandchildren starts...

Post a Comment