Nothing is what it
seems. So last year I was all embarrassed cuz I mistook one person for another.
And jus now I found out even that person isn’t who I thought he was. Like,
what’s going on!!!! I’m not talking figuratively. I mean that I actually
confused a whole entire person with a whole entire other person. Name, looks
and everything.
Just another
verification that the mind will believe what you tell it to believe!!!
Our psyche is
dependant on our perception of things. It’s very easy to deceive oneself.
Whether it be thinking something is good when it’s actually bad or bad when
it’s actually good. And we all know the pros and cons of that.
You can use
self-deception to become
as good as you think you are. False self-image
can provide important motivation. Otherwise we’d never take risks or try
anything. Like you can convince yourself that you are capable of achieving
something even though everybody tells you that you can’t.
“If you put
your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”
Self-deception can also lead to a massive
distortion of reality and no longer have a positive effect. Like in a
relationship when you refuse to accept facts because you want it to work out or
to avoid conflict.
“Do not bite at the bait of pleasure,
till you know there is no hook beneath it.”
At the same time I must add that sometimes
we overexert ourselves into doing things which are not expected of us and which
are far beyond our capability.
And sometimes our loved ones need us to overlook
their faults and believe the best in them so that they can see it in
themselves.
So there’s no wrong or right. At the end of
the day, you’ll know whether your self-deception was a mistake or one of the
best decisions you’ve made and either way you can learn from it.
Keep your minds clear and your glasses half
full my loves.
Keep reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment