Wednesday, April 27, 2011

plow new ground or let the weeds grow

"There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision." William James

Why is it so difficult to stand by certain decisions? It’s like: this is it, this is what has to be done and I’m all pumped and ready to go but then as the time passes, the weakness settles in and before I know it, all my efforts have gone to waste and I’m back to square one. Vicious cycle. It’s like I have no backbone!!!

I’m very disappointed in myself especially because the decision is one that’s purely for my benefit, but I keep second guessing myself.

The thing about decisions is that you have to follow a simple set of rules and if you don’t stray from them, you’ll do just fine.

Firstly it’s all about listing the pros and cons and making sure the decision you’ve made is the correct one. Look at every aspect and try to stay neutral.

You can ask people for advice but never for an answer. The choice has to be yours and you have to believe it’s the best one. After all, there is no one more qualified to make a decision about your life than you.

Then once it’s made, don’t look back! Wondering if you made the right decision is maddening. Do the best with what you have at that moment. And don’t think about whether or not you’ll regret it later. Don't try to reverse it. Learn to trust yourself and live with your decisions.

Don’t back down on a decision because of discontent from other people. Be strong and courageous. You cant please everybody. And don’t compromise for those who never spare a thought for you or who are the problem in the first place.

Make like a rock :)

No comments:

Post a Comment