"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion . . . . I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." ~Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
It’s been an ongoing cycle of chaos,
frenzy, mental and physical work to the point of collapsing, pandemonium these
past six weeks. Cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, working, writing.
I don’t mind it all but I’m completely
stressed out about the final module—which I STILL have not submitted—and now
would be a good time to just have some tranquility to concentrate on it.
At least now I know the responsibility of
having a 6-8-member family. And no domestic worker to speak of!!! Let me tell
you something. Nothing will turn you vegetarian faster than cutting and
cleaning a chicken.
So I’m staring blankly at the screen, my
mind absorbed in the 500 hundred other things I have to get done. I didn’t even
have time to have breakfast today (nor for the past three mornings). And it
would totally help if some things just fell into place instead of requiring so
much attention! But, I remember this quote I read the other day:
“If you have time to whine and complain
about something then you have the time to do something about it.” ~Anthony J. D'Angelo
So I guess I better make a list and get to
it all.
1 comment:
Ah, the monotony, never-ending cycle of housework. I don't envy you. Three days left of holiday for me, then back to the craziness. Added to having no domestic worker, when we get back we'll be looking after my four month old niece. Savoring the last few days of no responsibility.
Post a Comment