Friday, January 28, 2011

inner peace

It's crazy to think that one week you're falling in love with a person, and the next, you hate him more and more everyday. A million questions run through your head. 
Why did he promise you the world than drop you like a hot cake?
Isn't he missing you?
Did you really mean so little?
Are you that insignificant?
And then the anger sets in.
He's a coward, a quitter, he's laughing at you right now.
Was it all just a game for him, to see how far he could go with you?
A little notch on his belt of conquests.

But, Karma's a bitch, right? Wrong. I mean, yes, Karma is gona get them but if we say we're happy for someone then we should be happy purely and truly from the heart. You can't say you're happy and at the same time be longing for the day he “gets what's coming to him”. That's hypocritical. And isn’t his hypocrisy the reason you are hating on him in the first place? Don't stoop to his level.

It's good to be full of questions but it's also good to just step back and accept that you have been protected from something far worse. If he quits when the goings good, he'll leave you high and dry when the going's tough. And believe me, the going gets tough! You don't want 'future you' to end up deserted and divorced. As a wise friend recently told me: "Cummon, you need a guy that's stable—mentally!"

Unless you’re completely bipolar, it’s gona take a while before you fully move on. So don’t worry if you’re missing him. It changes daily. One day you’re strong, the next day fragile. Be patient. Distract yourself. Trust in God. Exercise self-love.

I signed up for a Bikram Yoga class. Even before the “drama” happened. I had a feeling it was going to go in that direction and I immediately took action. I needed a diversion—a way to separate myself from the severity of the outside world. 

The great thing about the instructor is that when a new student comes, he or she makes it a point to remember their name; which made me feel included and not overwhelmed with attention. 

I wasn’t really familiar with some of the rules, like no drinking water when people are balancing. You’re also not allowed to drink water before the first water break (25 minutes in). It’s all about self-restraint and self-control. The heat completely caught me off guard. I didn’t expect it to be that intense. For a person who usually never sweats, I was drenched in less than 15 minutes. I found the savasanas between poses annoying and hate turning around and laying on my back for a few seconds, only to quickly get back up again to do the next pose. It’s supposed to energize you but it seems to have the opposite effect on me. Also, I'm asthmatic and the feeling of suffocation was overpowering. But the instructor gave my Ventolin pumps the daggers and told me if I keep attending, I wouldn't need them anymore.

In those one and a half hours, I’m so in tune with my body. All my concentration goes into executing the postures to the best of my ability. You leave everything behind when you step into the room and when you walk out, you’re calmer, relaxed and everything in life is less complicated.

I definitely recommend it!

P.S. Not just for the single peeps! It’s very sensual too. Do it as a couple! ;)

Keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment