Have I ever mentioned
that I’m a hopeless romantic? Cheesy lines, corny movies, clichéd scenarios,
Valentines, romance novels—I love it all! It’s even apparent in my short
stories. All very Mills&Boons hahaha.
“Romance has been elegantly defined as
the offspring of fiction and love.” -Benjamin
Disraeli
I’m a sap in the true
sense of the word and I don’t know when or how I was suckered into it. It’s a
world flowing with love notes, whispers of sweet nothings, holding hands, hugs,
kisses, candlelight dinners, flowers, picnics, song dedications, serenades and
most of all: loads of attention.
You can cringe now,
but when it happens, it makes you feel all warm and tingly inside. It’s very
flattering.
Don’t get me wrong;
I’m not a materialistic girl. For me all the little things count. One rose says
more than a dozen. No money in the world can compare to a snug hug. I guess I’m
very old school at heart. I’ll choose hours of cuddling over a gift any day.
“He believes in
romance. He isn't merely going through the mechanical movements of a man in an
exciting situation. He is, vitally and positively squeezing the last drop of
delight from living the best life he knows in the best way he can.” ~Leslie Charteris
A small thing, in which a lot of thought
went into, can make you feel more special than all the banal presents money can
buy. And again I’d choose that over anything off the shelf.
“It's the thought that counts, but thoughtfulness that makes a lasting gift.”
A call, a compliment, a promise kept.
Respect, commitment, kindness. Those are the kinda things that should matter.
My sisters laugh at me and tell me I make them gag, but inside I know they love
it too. Romance just stirs something up in your heart.
I love love!
“I love romance. I'm a sucker for it. I
love it so much. It's pathetic.” ~Drew Barrymore
What’s the cheesiest
thing you guys have ever done?
Keep reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment