Tuesday, January 25, 2011

silence is a killer

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

I guess you meet some people only to learn a valuable lesson from them and then it’s time for them to leave. Although it results in you being quite dumbfounded at their disappearance, you have to salvage as much as you can from what’s left behind. I was taught self-worth and I’ll keep that lesson with me always.

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Seuss

The weather reflects my inner emotions quite well. Cold, cloudy and raining. Cause? Abandoned with half a million questions and no answers. When you’re left with no explanations, your mind seems to drown in it’s own assumptions. But I remind myself that all was well before and all will be well after. No use overthinking everything.

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know.” ~Dr. Seuss

I’ve been through more difficulties than one person can endure and I’m skilled at picking up the pieces and moving on. No use wasting your “whats and whys” on selfish, inconsiderate people. And don’t allow them the sick satisfaction of hurting you. Accept that this is what’s meant to be. As the cliché goes: everything happens for a reason. And it really does.

I’m so done. And now I can openly say: NOBODY MESS WITH ME.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” ~Dr. Seuss

Keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment