Thursday, February 12, 2009

negative and negative makes a positive:)

A lot of positive things have come from the heart breaking situation I was in. I have met many wonderful people, who I would never have opened up to if the circumstances were any different. I’ve discovered so much about myself. Things I like and things I want to change. All my life I’ve always been dependant on others. I’m very self-conscious so I never do things on my own. I always wanted to travel. And I’ve always wanted to live on my own. And I’ve always wanted to be confident and independent. But I’ve always been afraid. I’ve decided not be afraid anymore. I had an opportunity to go work in London but turned it down cuz its too far from the family and besides, the weather sucks. Then I had the opportunity to travel. This was perfect cuz it was temporary and I could come back to my family anytime I wished. But dad wasn’t too thrilled. He wants me to use my education and not waste a year. He would rather I stay and take over his company so that he can retire. . I want to go work and live in CT for a year. Decided few weeks back. My cousin needs a roommate so I have the opportunity. CT is close enough to the family but far enough to let me grow. Its jus about convincing my dad. They think I’ll get out of hand and get spoilt if they send me off on my own and they worry what other people will think of them sending agal to live on her own. But that’s ridiculous. I want to do this for myself. So that I learn to be independent and responsible and find happiness within myself not for FREEDOM. I don’t want to be scared of the big bad world anymore. And I know my limits. I know my values, beliefs and boundaries. And its not because of them, its because I know I’m answerable for what I do in the end. Its not like they’re here watching my every move and controlling it. I am who I am because I make my own choices. So whether my parents are there or not is totally irrelevant. Sigh. Now tell me how to communicate this to my dad. I think this move will be good for me. I need to get away from this place and all its memories. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment