Tuesday, February 17, 2009

an essay of many cliches.....

Hi hi. So I’ve been doing some thinking again. And as usual I have a fat lot to say. Nothing in life comes without a little perseverance. When the going gets tough, the tough get going and it’s the weak ones that stay behind feeling sorry for themselves. It’s so easy to beat yourself up and always be negative. U know what they say about change... To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
I have many things to learn about myself. Stupid things like for e.g. earlier today someone asked me what my favorite word is. Ummm... I have no idea. Do I even have one? Does it matter??? The thing is, unlike before, I now know that it’s OK. It’s OK that I don’t know all these things. It’s OK that I have a million silly aspirations and that I have a passion for so many things- not just a single one. It’s OK that I’m still discovering these things because who said there was deadline? It’s never too late. We may come with an expiration date but that’s the only deadline we should worry about. And the rest of the time? Achieve! Believe! Sit at home and do nothing if you want to. Go ahead!!! If that’s what makes you happy PLEASE GO AHEAD.
The pressure put on us by others (and in turn ourselves) to be stable and steady by a certain age/time is ridiculous. Why force yourself to be someone u not, doing something u don’t want to, in order to conform to society's expectations? What about what you want? What about doing what makes you feel like u’ve achieved something in life? Something that you’re truly proud of. I’m not saying go crazy and wild and disregard everyone altogether. I’m saying give up on this sick fixation people have of what others think of them. At the end of it all, you’re the one who has to look in the mirror and face yourself, so dont end up hating the person u've become.... you’re the one who has to live your life, dont live it solely to please others... and you’re the one answerable for your actions, so dont compromise ur integrity... If you’re genuinely content with what u do, it’s always worth it.
Don’t ever let anyone tell u that anything’s impossible. NOTHING is impossible. Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Don’t be scared. Dare to dream. Dont say no to all the things u want to say yes to.... Enjoy the little things in life. Live. Smile. Cry. Feel. Its OK. We don’t have the answers to everything. Nobody’s perfect cuz everybody’s human. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment