I don’t lie. It started a few years back at that time of the
year when resolutions are made. I pledged to myself (and my diary) that I would
stop lying immediately. Now don’t get me wrong. I wasn't a compulsive liar or
anything. Like everyone else, I told the little white lie now and again, and,
when and if the situation required it I told a bigger lie. But now I wanted to
stop even that. No small lies. No big lies. None. Nothing. Nada.
You see the way I looked at it is that no matter when, where
or why, someday; somehow the truth ALWAYS comes out. That's God. Karma. Nature.
The preordained justice of the Universe. And who can question that? So whether
it comes out in a day, a week, a year or even 10 years when it no longer
matters, the truth always seeps its way out. So why lie?
Anyway, now, few years down the line, I find it unbearable
to tell fibs about even the most inconsequential things.
Ofcourse ppl won’t believe u when u say that u don’t lie.
Cuz everybody does sometimes. I don’t. It’s so much easier not to lie. Cuz
speaking the truth means u never have to remember what it is u said to whom. With
the truth u never have to substantiate anything u say. And u know if u keep
telling ppl the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, soon they actually
begin to realize how sincere u r and nobody will question things u say. (It’s
great when u need back up in a dispute).
It hurts when ppl don’t believe u when u say something, and
they question ur genuineness, especially when u've never given them reason to
doubt u. but like I said, the truth seeps out. I mean look at what (God, Karma,
Nature) u have to back u up! And when they realise u wr honest all along and
they wr wrong, u get an apology, a hug and maybe even a super guilt-gift!!!!
Hehe.
This is how I wana be remembered. Not pretty, ugly, short,
clever, silly or funny. I wana be remembered for my honesty. So praise me for
that. Cuz that's the best compliment I could ever receive. Honestly:D
No comments:
Post a Comment