My holiday to CT was out of the blue and at the eleventh-hour. I went with expectations and reservations about how the trip would be. And let me tell u it was nothing like I imagined. Everything I thought wud be good was actually far, far beta than I could eva dream it’d be and all the qualms I had wr squashed! I even extended my trip to prolong this newly found bliss. Now, more than eva, I want to go stay there. The ppl there are jus worlds apart from the ppl here. They’re friendly and warm and so “min-gespin”. It was a real eye-opener for me. I learnt that life is still full of love. One pig doesn’t represent the rest of civilization.
So I came home all headstrong and equipped with a new attitude. I don’t live in naivety anymore and neither do I live with unrealistic expectations. I know who I am and I know what I want and nobody will ever make me feel like its stupid and I don’t deserve it. Players can play their games- just not with me. I wont take anybody’s shit. Ppl who wana be in my life will make an effort to do so and those who don’t, won’t. And the latter can eff off. I wont chase anyone and I wont be susceptible to their tricks.
Maybe this sounds a little harsh but I can’t afford to be any other way. I’m so easily carried away by the idea of fairytale love, I believe the best in everyone, I trust everything they say and I end up hurt. I can’t be gullible. I can’t survive another heartache. So to protect myself these are my new rules. And I’m so much happier. Some will say I’m building a wall and pushing people away but it’s not like that. Through all my hardships there have been lessons I’ve learnt. Now I know precisely who’s worth it and who isn’t. I trust myself not to push away the ppl who should stay. I used worry bout everyone and what they think. But no more! No matter what u do, ppl will still think wat they wana think. Learn to love and live for yourself and the ppl who love and respect u!
No comments:
Post a Comment