Wednesday, July 06, 2011

this too shall pass

I’ve decided to stop posting everyday. Truth is I hardly find the time and I don’t want to post things just for the sake of it.

Life is crazy hey.
One minute I’m loving it. Next minute I’m stressed. At times I want things to stay just as they are. Then I want drastic change. Happy. Sad. Content. Unfulfilled. Pleased. Disappointed.

I don’t what’s going on anymore. How to feel. What to think.

On the one hand, you have complete strangers who stop what they doing to help you check the roads and guide you through traffic. They remind you of all the good in the world and leave you smiling and feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

Then you have friends whom you trust and love, that when push comes to shove, will drop you for an iPhone. And your head is like: “Screw you!” but your heart is not wanting any animosity.

So basically everything comes down to the crazy. Torn between two conflicting emotions. Which one do you go along with? Which one will pass and which one will you regret?

I guess the basic rule is: never speak in anger, don’t let your emotions control you and always think with a clear objective mind. Learn from the past. Trust your instinct.

If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change.  If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.  ~John A. Simone, Sr.

Nothing’s constant. If you make a mistake, you can move on from it, you don’t need to trap yourself in a world of "what ifs" and regrets. And because everything changes, don’t tussle to keep things the way the were. No good will come from being stuck in the past. Change the way you perceive the situation by embracing the new.

Because everything doesn’t just happen for a reason. Everything happens for a GOOD reason. God is All-Wise and All-Just.

And I will be the first to admit I find it difficult to stay optimistic at times, especially when the people who are supposed to hold you together, crush you.

But I know when I stop feeling miserable and stop missing the people I thought they were; I will experience an incredible sense of freedom. Liberated from all the selfishness and lies and deceit and superficiality and overall toxicness that they hide beneath their façade.

Before I go, I must thank the handful of friends who proved their dependability and allegiance to me in the sweetest, cheekiest manner yesterday. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love you too!

Anonymous said...

Yes we do.

Keep smiling! :)

Sana.I.Patel said...

lol Anonymous peeps. Put your names! let me guess. B and M? Mwa*

Post a Comment